I'm already bad at blogging with any hope of expediency.
Life is the green-gray sky, heavy with electricity. Right before the storm. School is on the horizon and I may not be a complete mess this year. I finally have that hopeful feeling and not sheer terror like a year ago this time. I don't want to get too sappy here, but I actually, really think I can do this. It took a year of doubting myself and falling all over the place (remember those little Mexican toys where you press a button and the goat's legs come out from under it?). Maybe I grew up and finally took that adult kool-aid, because all of a sudden I feel less like a fake grown up and more like a real one. And it's my job to work ridiculously hard to get my kids ahead (and bestow upon them character, self-worth, love of literature and other deliciously near impossible things to teach) because we live in a horribly unfair world. It's time for me to get the hell out of the way and start doing this. Like I said to Will, I'm sick of changing the world tomorrow...
In other related news, I am writing again. But not on a laptop in a starbucks so other people can see me writing. So close to livin' the dream..
In even less relevant news, I still can't afford a frame for that diploma and I'm half way to another one..
Obama for President.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment